WA Sharing Contracts Publicly - Legal under Contract Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Daniel S

16 May 2015
Is it legal for an individual to share a contract of sale (in this case an Offer To Purchase for a new vehicle) entered into with a business, publicly on the internet without the consent of the business?

Is it legal for the business to share the same contract without the consent of the individual if the identifying particulars are concealed?

Many Thanks.

DennisD

11 July 2014
First, to get things started, does the contract itself have a confidentiality clause? If so that would be my starting point.

Daniel S

16 May 2015
Thanks Hugh,
there is no confidentiality clause on the contract.
There is a privacy acknowledgment clause that states that the company may share the information with companies related to the dealer and third party service providers.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Check to see if preceding correspondence covers the non-disclosure of information. There may be a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place.

Daniel S

16 May 2015
Thanks Rod,
there is no non-disclosure agreement in place. Nor can I see the disclosure of information discussed on any paperwork provided.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
OK, then I can't help any more :( my law knowledge is limited :)