NSW sexual harassment advice

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

lady

14 September 2017
I've recently found out that my husband had a 4 year affair with his best friend, a woman who used to stay at my home. It ended in 2009 but on Monday she accosted me in front of friends at a local club and said her friendship with my husband was over and we should have coffee so she could explain more. I rang her that night and she said she couldn't really talk then but it was about sexual harrassment. I've spoken to my husband who told me everything. He said that they hadn't had sex since 2009 but in March this year he asked her if she thought they'd ever 'make love' again. She said she didn't think so unless he left me and he said that was never going to happen as she always knew. He said he wanted complete closure and they parted as friends. He has not seen her since and the only contact was an email she sent him saying she couldn't work at his business (which she did over the years on a semi-regular basis) as she wanted to focus on her art. Now she's throwing this sexual harassment claim around. Does she have a leg to stand on if the affair was consentual and ended years ago. She said she'd send me an email explaining what she means. Still waiting. She doesn't know that I know about the affair.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Family law maybe isn't the right forum for this question. Employment law if they worked together, criminal law for anything else, I think. Anyone else with some insight?

Time101

10 July 2017
I agree with above.
Need to be on a different forum.

Just some
Advice ...,,I doubt if
she has a case.