QLD Sexting with 18-Year-Old - Does She Have a Criminal Law Case?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sargedarwin

9 May 2016
I sent text messages to an 18-year-old lady offering her Skimpy Waitressing work. She accepted and sent me some pics of her, the conversation turned sexual, we agreed to have an interview at my property in a weeks time and I never contacted her for a few days. I was then inundated with texts from her male friends accusing me of not having real work for her, etc.

She then said she was going to the police to make a complaint as I was luring an 18-year-old to my property with the promise of work.

Does she have a criminal law case?

Victoria S

9 April 2014
That depends on whether you were luring her to your property under false pretences as alleged. Sexting is only illegal if one of the parties is under 18.

sargedarwin

9 May 2016
That depends on whether you were luring her to your property under false pretences as alleged. Sexting is only illegal if one of the parties is under 18.

If I was luring her what would the charges be and if I wasnt does she have a case?

S

Sophea

As long as you were not luring her for something illegal, then I don't know of any offence you would have committed. There are unfortunately no laws against lying.