SA Settlement Fedral law courts

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adez

16 January 2018
I have parental responsibility and live in the free hold matrimonial home. We are currently going through the Federal courts for settlement. What happens if the mother has purchased another property?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Well, if shared funds have been used to purchase the property, it can potentially be included in the settlement. Values and assets are taken at the day of settlement, rather than the day of separation or divorce. It would be best to get legal advice, though.

Adez

16 January 2018
She departed Christmas morning to Canada but will return for settlement. Property puchased in Australia

AllForHer

23 July 2014
You really need to speak to a lawyer for legal advice about this. Deceased estate can be touch and go in property settlements. Sometimes it's included, sometimes it's not. It depends on the circumstances.

Adez

16 January 2018
Mother called my Daughter from Canada refused to speak to me. Told my Daughter she will not be returning to Australia and could Dad pick up my Car Abandoned in side street unreg near airport. except she has keys cars in her name. what can i do

sammy01

27 September 2015
Weite to ex. Tell her she can mail u the keys. Ask her to agree to transfer ownership of the car to u so i can sell it. If she refuses then refuse to get the car... u dont want a car that u cant get rid of... or refuse let the car sit there until council tow it... if it is registered in her name it is of no concern to you...
But u could do her the favour.

Adez

16 January 2018
Thanx Sammy, Seems a shame to see a $30,000 car go to the gov coppers. I cant open or move it without keys has disables, Considering i will not be receiving child support anymore. I have emailed explaining consequences and to express post keys. She has been Diagnosed with Mental health issues hence reason i have Parental responsibility. Mmmm very hard suituation..

Adez

16 January 2018
These funds could pay my lawyers account. then i would not to sell our home...