QLD Seek Compensation for Sexual Assault Done to Me?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DeeBne

5 December 2016
Hi,

Approximately 2 months ago I was raped by two men who gave me a drug known as "G" or "Fanta". The men filmed some of what they did, and I have obtained a couple of the videos showing me unconscious whilst they raped me.

Since the event, I've had significant time off work as the result of being unable to deal with being at work, given that I work with one of the men, and also because of the significant issues I now have with my bowels.

I don't want to have the men charged because I don't want to go through the court process, but what I am seeking is to whether there is a way to demand financial compensation for what they did (a substantial sum to cover my medical costs and time off work) in return for me making some sort of legal statement in writing to say that such events did not happen. Is there such a thing in criminal law?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi, QLD put an end to provisions under the Criminal Offence Victims Act and the Criminal Code in 2009 and as such you can no longer claim criminal injuries compensation. I'm fairly certain you won't be able to apply for assistance under the Victims of Crime Assistance Act 2009 either unless you report the r**e.

The problem is unless your report the r**e its just an allegation and they are innocent until found guilty. You have the evidence and hope you decide to report what happened to you. You definitely shouldn't have to see one of them every day. I'm really sorry for what happened to you and I wish the best for you but people like this are likely to do the same to someone else, please think about bringing them to justice.

If you choose to, here is some information on how to report it: https://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/adultassault/adultasslt.htm