VIC Second marriage seeking divorce

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Srikanth

31 December 2016
I got married in India for the first time in India and after moving to Australia filed for a divorce in Australia and got it granted. Just before the divorce hearing here, my wife filed all possible legal cases in india and they are still running. After few mediations with the help of elders over there, we decided to get married again and reached a verbal agreement that they would withdraw all the legal cases which they filed.

Around an year back, I filed visit visa for ex-wife and my kid and got this granted but they refused to withdraw the cases.

Now, my questions are:

1) first time, I was granted divorce on the basis of irretrievable breakdown of marriage. Can I seek divorce again on the basis of the same as we are already separated by more than 12 months?

2) we both are working and she already has a house in India which is on a mortgage but i had my earnings invested in it, and I bought a house before my second marriage which is still high on a mortgage. Does court ask me to give her some share?

3) Any other suggestions on how to get a divorce granted faster

Thanks in advance for the read and any advices.