SA School Enrolment fraud

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Fritzmonger

1 October 2017
I've got an issue with the school enrolment of my older daughter and stepdaughters. The primary problem is I'm not listed as a parent or guardian to any of them, the second is that my ex wife's former roommate is. This led to the awkward situation after we split last year where I had to be chaperoned by one of them to pick my daughter up from school.

Can a person who is not a parent or legal guardian be listed on school enrolment papers as a parent or guardian? Can that same person give authority to the school, with agreement from the other parent, to block a biological parent from collecting their own child given there are no intervention or parenting orders?

To clarify before it's asked, my name is missing from the birth certificate, they attend a nongovernment school and I believe my ex wife is a victim of emotional abuse from her former roommate.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
So, most schools only require consent from one parent for enrollment and associated purposes, and therefore, they only need consent from one parent to approve third parties to conduct pick-ups, drop-offs and other communications.

In short, yes, a person who is not a parent or legal guardian can be listed on school enrolment papers.

Have you talked to the school about this yet?