QLD Same Judge for a Different Case - Conflict of Interest?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Men are people

6 April 2017
I am in the process of going through family court with my ex partner and she had court on the same day with the same judge for another custody of children battle with her ex-partner before me... Is that allowed or conflict of interest?

Mind you that when we were together I was helping her with her case and now that we are going to court over our baby together we have the same judge and she had both matters heard on the same day...

Any opinions appreciated

sammy01

27 September 2015
Freakish co-incidence...Does it matter? Nope

I reckon it could help your cause - generally in my opinion one parent is the problem... Her having two cases with the one judge on the same day might help the magistrate work out who the problem is...

AllForHer

23 July 2014
It's not uncommon for two matters with a common party to land on the docket of the same judge. Like sammy01 said, it will most likely assist your case.

MartyK

4 June 2016
Also not uncommon for other (usually disgruntled) former partners, to either write an affidavit for the other party, and/or, at times, be joined as a party if they also have children (with the other side).