NSW Sale of property without consent

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nails74

12 March 2016
Hi, in the court orders granted to the ex, it stated that she could be made trustee of the property and to list the property for sale by Auction or Private Treaty.

The court orders did not state that she could sell the property, only list it for sale. As tenants in common, I did not sign the authorisation for sale of the property, as I wanted to keep it.

She has since gone and authorised the sale of the property without my authorisation or consent.

Do I have any legal standing that the property was sold illegally since the court orders only made her trustee to list the property for sale and not to sell it?

Regards,
Nails

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You need a lawyer to look at the case history and the current court orders in full. You may be clutching at straws.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
I'm suspecting that there is more to this than meets the eye. Why would a court grant someone the ability to list a property for sale, but not the ability to see that property through the contract and sale process? Simply listing it for sale without the ability to do the rest is pointless.

Sdank

13 October 2020
My husband and I have separated, he is selling a car which I have a part finance on. What are my rights

Atticus

6 February 2019
My husband and I have separated, he is selling a car which I have a part finance on. What are my rights
You need to start your own thread in the family law forum.... Include approx how much the car is worth, (second hand value)what is left owing, & how long you were married.