WA Rights to remove room mate/guests

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

David_556

30 September 2021
Hi guys I'll give a quick background and ask a couple questions with this post

So I rent a house in Perth right now, I'm the only person on the lease contract. I have a room mate that pays me to stay here however this person and the guests they invite over are giving me a bit of grief, they're not doing anything illegal (that I know of) however we always seem to argue and create a hostile environment.

So the questions

1. What rights do I have to remove my room mate from my house without breaking the law?

2. What right do I have to remove any unwanted guests from the house without breaking the law?

Might be an obvious answer but its better to be safe then sorry. I appreciate any answers given. Cheers.

Atticus

6 February 2019
I rent a house in Perth right now, I'm the only person on the lease contract. I have a room mate that pays me to stay here
Does your lease allow you to sub let, or have you received written consent from the lessor to do so?

If no to both, then the default is that you require written consent to sub let Section 49(c) .... Without it you are arguably in breach of your lease agreement.

You could use this as a reason to give this person written notice to vacate within 21 days... In the meantime, you have the right to deny the entry of, or ask to leave any other person that you don't want there.