QLD Rights of a Father to Obtain Daughter's Medical Records?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Migz

20 November 2016
Hi All,

What are the rights of the father in Family Law to obtain the medical records for his 7-month-old daughter prior to going to family court? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this? Can I show up with the Birth Certificate at the surgery and ask for a copy of them? Should I ask the mother that we both go to the surgery together and get a print out? Any ideas?

No parenting docs are currently inplace.

Cheers

sammy01

27 September 2015
Why do you want them?

You should be able to rock up and ask Dr for them - but they might well refuse. Why do you want them?

Migz

20 November 2016
I'm after them to:

A) See how often my daughter is taken there, as she seems to be there weekly.

B) Find out whats actually going on.

C) I want to use them in court as she want me to sign a Passport for the 7-month-old so she can take the baby to a wedding in Samoa in early January.

The reason for not signing, is that its not a Hague treaty country. The ex comes from that part of the world. The baby won't have had all of her shots, and isn't able to have her Hep shots and Typhoid Shots until she is older.

Lastly, she has had a persistent cough for the last 3 months that they still haven't fixed.