QLD Rights in family house being shared during outcome of late fathers estate?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

LeeDi

15 April 2018
My brother and myself are coexecutors and cobeneficieries of my late fathers will that is presently going through Probate. The family home was left to us both equally as well as possessions inside. We are cohabitating My brother had lived in the home rent free for almost 40 years. Because of a natural disaster where I used to live, internationally, I have been living in our family home for approximately 4 months. My only access to the house is a garage remote and I have no front door key, back door key or letterbox key, even though the house is half mine. The rates are being shared by us. I have had no income since August 2017 and am retirement age but am not elegible for the Australian pension because of my many years overseas. Can my brother legally withhold keys and deny me access to the backyard?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
This is a question better asked in Wills and Estate Planning than in Family Law.