QLD Right to Information / Freedom Information Issue

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
14 June 2018
Hi, after self representing in a court case a few years back, i lodged transcript request through AUSCRIPT at the time and it was all approved to gain transcript of the whole case at that time.

I unfortunately never proceeded with the request at that time - their fee was close to 8,000 just for copy of documents so was unable to purchase through AUSCRIPT.

I have now put in the Auscript transcript request for that court case, who are telling me that I need to get court approval (attorney general consent) first to release the transcript documents for that case.

Just wondering -

1) Why, if the relevant law around obtaining court copies hasn't changed, am I now required to gain any consent for something that was previously approved without requiring court consent first?

and

2) If Auscript refuse to grant approval for release of transcripts - what would next steps be? How can I obtain these documents through Auscript if they reject the application for it?

Would i need to issue subpoena or are there alternative methods to make Auscript release documents?
This is for my own information - I should have the right to obtain a copy of what they hold.

Thanks in advance!