QLD Revoke protection order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kimba

1 January 2018
I called the police on my partner a few nights ago. We have been having issues and after drinking too much an argument escalated. We have resolved the issue now and both deeply regret what happened. My problem is that the police took a protection order out against my partner and we have a court date. I'm so worried and upset. It was not all my partners fault. Is it possible to revoke an application for a protection order if the police took it out? Any advice welcome.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You can request, but the police may refuse to listen. If this happens, you appear in court as a witness for your partner and hope the magistrate listens to your story.

Kimba

1 January 2018
You can request, but the police may refuse to listen. If this happens, you appear in court as a witness for your partner and hope the magistrate listens to your story.
Thank you so do you think it is a good option to speak to the officer who served the PPO?