VIC Retirement village contracts and insurance

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Gorwyn

17 August 2020
We live in a retirement village in Victoria. The buildings are insured by the owners via The Residents Association of the village.
Our contract says "The Residents Association promises at all times and keep insured in the name of the (village) owner:-"
"(a) The buildings and each and every part of the buildings erected on the land in the Village, including the Common Land or comprising the units;"

My question is: Does the above statement cover the units garage roller door? I caused a dent in the roller door with my car, which means the door has to be replaced.
The village manager told me the village insurance will not cover that. Is he correct?
As part of our contract, we only have to have contents insurance so we are not covered for the roller door.

The contract mentions in maintenance and repair section, "The Residents Association must at its cost at all times repair and maintain in good repair and condition and replace those things which are beyond repair - and goes on in para(b) the foundations and roofs and the guttering and eaves of the buildings erected on all Units in the Village". ie it does not specifically mention the garage roller door.

Can the village manager or the owners insurance just cancel a part of the policy as they feel like it?