QLD Respondant not providing documents requested by the court

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Berryberry

15 November 2017
I was in court for an initial hearing in October and my ex did not provide a response to my initiating application. The Court has ordered we both produce, file and serve documents within 28 days of the Court orders. I have only just managed to email him the additional documentation, some of which was filed last week, and which will be formally served this week as he is not responding to any of my email communication. The final hearing is on the 14th December with a mediation conference in the morning. Is he allow to do this? Is there any penalties for him avoiding communications and providing me with the requested documents (financial statements, bank accounts statements, etc...). The judge did not blink an eye when he told her he was not aware he was to file a response at the initial hearing. Is there anything I can do now if he doesn't serve anything at all so this doesn't drag any longer? Can he just wait and serve me whenever he likes regardless of the court orders? I am representing myself and need a lot of time to prepare and this is really stressing me out! Also, can we present evidence on the day or do they have to be all served - say a back statement from a joint credit card? And if I bring my own notes into court, or are they considered evidence? Thanks