Resigned while on workers comp. Lose weekly entertainment?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sengiy00

17 October 2014
Hi everyone,

I was injured at work and paid weekly entertainments while on lite duties. I didn’t like the new work I was doing and decided to resign thinking I would recover fully in a few months and I wanted to take time off to concentrate on a speedy recovery.

I re-injured myself picking up something light. After some research it looks like I will never recover 100% and my chest injury will only ever recover maybe 70% by the looks of it.

I did start work at another employer but resigned just before I re injured myself.

Workers comp insurance we’re paying for physio but I was not paid any wages from the day I resigned from the company I was injured at.

Question, would I be entitled to weekly wages from when I left the first company where I was injured (minus earnings from when I got my new job)?

Also would I now be entitled to more physio?

Anything else I would be entitled to?

Many thanks.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Your questions belong in the personal injury forum, not the employment law forum, and you need to say which State you are in, as State laws laws cover personal injuries.

Sengiy00

17 October 2014
Your questions belong in the personal injury forum, not the employment law forum, and you need to say which State you are in, as State laws laws cover personal injuries.
Sorry I wasn’t sure what section to put it in. I’m from NSW if that helps.

Bill Murray

6 June 2018
I have no idea but hopefully not. Your employer gave you a job with light duties which you could do and you quit because you didn't like it...

Sengiy00

17 October 2014
Thanks Bill,
I also have an injury that I will never recover fully from as a result of a workplace injury. I was not fully aware of just how bad the injury was when I resigned. I was told I would eventually be almost as good as new but this is not the case. They can’t perform surgery and physically I will never be the same. As I am a very active person this is a huge problem. I can also no longer perform the duty I was originally hired for.