VIC Residential Tenants and Condition Report

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Anita Louise

12 July 2017
Hello, I'm hoping someone can clarify for me in regards to a condition report. My tenants moved out on Friday July 30th. My property manager went and did a condition report
on the following Monday morning ( August 2nd) and found everything to be good. My daughter moved in late that afternoon and the next day went to have a shower and she noticed the light switch hanging off the wall. I sent photos to the property manager and she said that she had seen the switch hanging off when she inspected , but it is a maintenance issue. On closer inspection of the photos the switch has been knocked in some way and the plastic has broken , the screws are still in the wall. I don't think I should have to pay for this since someone has given it a good knock . The tenant will say he didn't do it, he may not have, a removalist could have and not told him. Is he liable for the switch? Thank you

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
The price of peace of mind is an hour of a sparkie's time.
Just get it done and move on with your life.