QLD Repairing Dealer demo Vehicle

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Aaronnn

12 June 2019
Hi all,

I need your urgent help :(

Bought a near-new demo vehicle(BMW)at one of the dealership in Brisbane in November last year (1000kms , now 81xx kms)
So far officially been serviced 4-5 times with minor issues (Defect on rear window seal,Revers camera vision,Bluetooth connection,Faded paint work on rear spoiler and both side vents,Instrument cluster problem,Door handle lights) all fixed apparently.

And now it’s in dealership again with Failing Air conditioning and Oil leakage from turbo(inspected by my personal mechanic).

I asked the dealership for refund for this car, but they said it’s what they are unable to do. They arranged a meeting and had it yesterday. They said they want my vehicle with them for two weeks to test all things.
And I agreed on it yesterday but while I am doing my research in the internet I found out this forum..
I sent them an email this morning regarding of Request repair service under warranty to issue a document for this car being repaired..
Testing is not what they can do at this stage.. they have to fix the problem..

This vehicle has too many issues..

I ran the carfact check online,

It’s got 3xxx kms (Sep2018)on odometer reading before even I bought it (Nov2018)and I asked the dealer about it last night and he said that it’s normal for all the demo car on sale on internet.

This vehicle is too much and I am so annoyed it is affecting my daily life.

My background is not an English speaking country, maybe they are trying to take advantage of it which is ridiculous.
Please advise me with anything helpful.. I am lost ..I don’t even know what to do now.

Thank you.