SA Renting house lease expired

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Timnuts

7 April 2016
Hi there my lease is up in 10 days and have not found another house to move into yet we have the house 80percent packed up
My question is if I haven't have found a house can the land lord kick us out if we keep paying the rent until we find something periodically

Reactions: Timothy Longmire

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If the landlord accepts the rent - no. But it may also obligate you for another month by doing so if you don't also give immediate notice.

Timnuts

7 April 2016
Been to sacat have 4 days to move
But have no where to move to
No friends or family everyone is interstate
No house to move into
No where to move our belongings to
What do I do

Timnuts

7 April 2016
My lease runs out on Tuesday
Have been looking positively every day for a rental but no luck after 2 months and 90 supberbs around Adelaide
The market is so dry aswell as winter
My question is what are my rights to stay in the property after end of lease day and if I pay the rent aswell knowing I have been looking to move out and not cause a good reason for the landlord to get upset

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Give these people a call:
sa.gov.au - Help in crisis situations

You have no rights after the lease period ends. You could stay and wait for eviction but that can be messy and affects your rental history. You may have to move your property into storage while you look around and have a 'holiday stay' in a caravan park.