VIC Removing Caveat from House?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

frank fogarassy

20 May 2017
victoria devon meadows
Thank you for responding. I am not to sure how this (asking a question) or the whole internet thing works, so please be patient.

My question is: if the caveat on my house has been taken out by an de-registered company (VMI) how can there solicitor be claiming and wanting ($9000 odd) to release my house from caveat... Even if I did want to pay to remove caveat, (which I don't want to pay), I can not...

No funds like that and my bank can't refinance me because of caveat...(we did have approvaller from bank, until they found caveat...My solicitor said I could only fight it in court, but it would cost me more than the caveat release.

Thank you for listening... I have no else to ask or help.

p.s. I have all doc's and paper work to support my claims...

Reactions: Timnuts

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
There are two main ways to remove a caveat:

1. Write to the Titles office requesting removal with a statement and evidence why it should be removed.
2. Go to Supreme Court of Vic.

Try number one first.

frank fogarassy

20 May 2017
victoria devon meadows
Thank you Rod...i will write and show statements (that is dated 2008)... and copy of caveat..to Vic Gov department of environment , land , water and planning.

i wish i could afford to fight this... even my father anb his solictitor i think are worried about the solictitor who put this caveat on..
enough said for now.again thank you lots. will let you know what happens.

Frank