VIC Remove expired AVO from record

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Axed29

19 March 2020
I had a false avo in 2016 against me. Not a single example of evidence was produced against me yet i was advised to accept the AVO (for 3 months) and did so.
I had my firearms license revoked with a 3 month window to apply to the court to have it reinstanted.
I did not do this and am now a "prohibited person" for 5 years.
Can i have an expired AVO removed from my record so i can re apply for my license? Thank you

Atticus

6 February 2019
Can i have an expired AVO removed from my record so i can re apply for my license?
You can make an .... 'Application to be deemed not to be a prohibited person' at the court that issued the IVO

Pursuant to Section 189 of the Firearms act 1996 >>>>> FIREARMS ACT 1996 - SECT 189 Application to be deemed not to be a prohibited person

Click here for info & forms required

Probably worth calling the court registry office first though just to check that the above is the appropriate form.. If not, hopefully they will direct you to the proper form/procedure

Last edited:

Axed29

19 March 2020
Hi atticus & thanks for your reply, i appreciate the help. The scenario you described..are you able to ellaborate? Is it simply forms, go before a judge, only likely if employment us related etc? Thanks again

Atticus

6 February 2019
If application/form is accepted, then a court appearance most likely.... Court registry may have more detail