NSW Red light camera infringement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Brendo!

19 October 2014
Hello everyone looking for some advice. Recently received an infringement for a red light camera. I was wondering what the photos are meant to show as was certain light was not red when entered intersection and photos show car already in intersection?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hello everyone looking for some advice. Recently received an infringement for a red light camera. I was wondering what the photos are meant to show as was certain light was not red when entered intersection and photos show car already in intersection?

You can log in to see the photos and there is a video too, I am not sure if you can get hold of the video but you can ask, if the photos do show the light were not red, then you are in the clear, but you need to know that the cameras are activated by sensors and will take pictures when the vehicle crossed the road when red light, the may work when there is something is wrong, so have a look at the photos and they should clearly if the lights were red or not,

Brendo!

19 October 2014
I didnt know there is a video, how do i go about seeing that if possible? I have seen both photos light is red in them but car ia already in intersection and driver is certain they didnt enter when red. ( am aware of sensors apparently used under ther road )

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I didnt know there is a video, how do i go about seeing that if possible? I have seen both photos light is red in them but car ia already in intersection and driver is certain they didnt enter when red. ( am aware of sensors apparently used under ther road )
Hi, then the infringements stands, there is no way for you to dispute the infringement, as the law states that you should be able to cross while it is yellow, so if the lights were red when the car is in the intersection, then you are in the wrong and should pay the infringement! live and learn!!!

Brendo!

19 October 2014
The driver of car at the time is certain of crossing when yellow photo shows 4 other vehicles in intersection as well. By that statement of yours all will have received fine?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
The driver of car at the time is certain of crossing when yellow photo shows 4 other vehicles in intersection as well. By that statement of yours all will have received fine?
The police have their discretion! they can give infringements to anyone they want or don't give out any, it is not a defense in court to say I had one so the other person should have one, I know it is not fair but this is life! I was informed of this. I have not tried to argue this in court, if the person wants to, let us know of the outcome!

Brendo!

19 October 2014
I never said its a defence because one has one the other should, was just going by what you had stated.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I never said its a defence because one has one the other should, was just going by what you had stated.

No worries, I stated that, so it will answer the question about it if asked! As I was informed of it as I had an infringement (red light) and the guy next to me did not!!!!