LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

NSW Received 2 Parking Fines in 24 Hours - Is This Right?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Mystyeyes, 30 July 2015.

1. Mystyeyes

Mystyeyes Member

Hi there,

My understanding was that once you have received parking fines you are not meant to be able to get another one for 24 hours. Is this correct? I have just gotten one at 4pm and then the next day at 12.30pm. Is this correct and worth contesting?

Many thanks.

2. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer

Where do you get that idea from?

3. Mystyeyes

Mystyeyes Member

I had been told (years ago) that once you had been given a ticket they aren't allowed to give you another one, however when this happened I tried googling it, to confirm this, and found the 24 hour info on another forum, however I haven't been able to find the actual legislation to back it up, which is why I came here to see if there was anyone who could let me know if it was correct or not.

4. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Are the tickets for a different parking offence? Read the tickets carefully.

Generally you can only be charged once for the same offence. What you may find is the parking area has different time restrictions (eg M-F, and SS) so you can get a ticket for each violation.