NSW Received 2 Parking Fines in 24 Hours - Is This Right?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mystyeyes

30 July 2015
Hi there,

My understanding was that once you have received parking fines you are not meant to be able to get another one for 24 hours. Is this correct? I have just gotten one at 4pm and then the next day at 12.30pm. Is this correct and worth contesting?

Many thanks.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Hi there,

My understanding was that once you have received parking fines you are not meant to be able to get another one for 24 hours. Is this correct? I have just gotten one at 4pm and then the next day at 12.30pm. Is this correct and worth contesting?

Many thanks.
Where do you get that idea from?

Mystyeyes

30 July 2015
I had been told (years ago) that once you had been given a ticket they aren't allowed to give you another one, however when this happened I tried googling it, to confirm this, and found the 24 hour info on another forum, however I haven't been able to find the actual legislation to back it up, which is why I came here to see if there was anyone who could let me know if it was correct or not.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Are the tickets for a different parking offence? Read the tickets carefully.

Generally you can only be charged once for the same offence. What you may find is the parking area has different time restrictions (eg M-F, and SS) so you can get a ticket for each violation.