QLD Question regarding changes to Court structure

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Thenarcisistsprey

15 October 2018
I had a matter in the Federal Magistrates Court back in 2012. Final Orders were made. Due changes in circumstances I’m about to file an application. I’m wondering if anyone knows if it’s likely if I will have the same Federal Magistrate as I previously had?

I’m also wondering if anyone knows if the previous Orders still stand? Advice I had from a lawyer recently indicated that it’s possible the old Orders are no longer enforceable. I’m not sure how this could be correct however so hoping someone may have some knowledge on this?

Relates to children’s matters.

Migz

20 November 2016
As I was advised by a Fed Court Judge Herself, the Final Orders are inplace, until either, parents come to an alternate agreement which is why orders state "unless otherwise agreed" and or they are discharged.

QUOTE BELOW
"Please be advised chambers is unable to give legal advice or clarify orders for practitioners or parties. The orders of 16 February 2018 remain in full force and effect unless varied by the Court or discharged. Currently they remain in full force and effect, these can only be varied unless by consent or an application to the Court."

As for having the same judge, if your are on a regional circuit then yes is it possible, but if you are in a major city, then you may end up with a new judge.