NSW Purchasing (Cubensis) Spore Prints for Mycological Study Purposes.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Katherinne

10 May 2020
Hi, I’m a university student living in NSW, and I’m studying psychology and biological science. I’ve been a fan of mycology for a few years now, and have bought non-psychoactive spores for study and growing purposes before, however I’m interested in studying different active species now due to increasing research into the field of psychoactive therapy in psychology. I don’t have intentions of actually growing and cultivating the spores, but I don’t want to risk picking my own magic mushrooms and making my own spores since I know that would be illegal. I’m curious about the legality of ordering mushroom spores, specifically active spores (cubensis), online via overseas providers and mycologists.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Here is the list of permitted mushroom spawn/culture by the Australian government: BICON - Annex

I‘m thinking what you’re describing is not listed. See the note at the bottom of the page:

“Note: Any species not listed in table 1 are not permitted entry into Australian territory.”