Pulled over by police

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Touseef

29 January 2018
Hi,
I have a question that when police pull over someone whether the driver who pulled over by police can use mobile phone without mobile holder in that situation or not ? Whetehr in that position car is considered as parked or on road?
Thanks.

Clancy

6 April 2016
Hi,
I have a question that when police pull over someone whether the driver who pulled over by police can use mobile phone without mobile holder in that situation or not ? Whetehr in that position car is considered as parked or on road?
Thanks.

By law if you have pulled to a stop out of the flow of traffic (not stopped but still in the flow of traffic) Then you can use your mobile. However - I have first hand experience that police can be very F stupid retards regarding mobile phone use in a stopped vehicle. So just to be on the safe side, i would not touch my phone until i have opened my car door and put one foot on the road and have a rear mounted dash cam filming me do it!