QLD Public Wi-fi with conditions

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hellosaurus

6 March 2021
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me finding laws to do with hosting public wifi in Queensland, Australia? I would like to host one, but in the conditions it could say something like "We are not liable for your actions on our network, We are also not liable for what data we share about your use of our wifi" and i could include examples like "We can access and distribute your activity on our network to third-party. The data we can collect and distribute could be a) What websites you visit b) What you do on those websites, c) the exact conversations you have with people, d) your browsing extensions, e) your connections to online service and f) anything else that we feel suspicious about." and maybe i could also include "if you do not comply with these conditions, you may not use our wifi any longer, and we will block your IP if you try again."

These things i'm unsure about, what can i and cannot include in my conditions for people using my wi-fi? I'm sure there isn't no rules, i just can't find any so i came here.

Atticus

6 February 2019
but in the conditions it could say something like .... " We are also not liable for what data we share about your use of our wifi" and i could include examples like "We can access and distribute your activity on our network to third-party. The data we can collect and distribute could be a) What websites you visit b) What you do on those websites, c) the exact conversations you have with people, d) your browsing extensions, e) your connections to online service

That's seems like a lot of conditions .... So why would a person want to use your WIFI when there are any number of places they can access free WIFI without those conditions

Hellosaurus

6 March 2021
That's seems like a lot of conditions .... So why would a person want to use your WIFI when there are any number of places they can access free WIFI without those conditions
The only place with free wifi around me is other side of town and it is barely up and running.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
I seriously doubt that anyone here is going to help you with those kind of conditions. What you want to do looks like a total scam to sell information to third parties.