NSW Provisional Order ADVO

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Harper

22 October 2014
Ref: 19 year old arrested and charged 5/8/17 with provisional order ADVO and to attend court on 9/8/17. Has no job and the order is in place after an altercation in our drive way. Not sure if she would be eligible for legal aide or not? Although it is now a she said he said situation where the 19 year old was getting an 11 year old out of the vehicle by pulling her out, the charge also being assault on a minor. The two(19 and ll year old) are cousins but also involved an older sister and the 11 year olds mother. The 11 year old did suffer a nose bleed in the altercation and after walking down the street from the house has ended up at the police station in the next street saying she was punched by one of them. This is not what happened but we have no proof of it. Can you please advise what I would be looking at when attending the court case and what I should be doing in terms of legal representation for the hearing?

sammy01

27 September 2015
charged with assault OR just ADVO? If no assault accept avo without admission. IF charged with assault, get a solicitor... IF just the ADVO - go to court, tell magistrate you accept without admission. Don't argue, be nice. do not interrupt magistrate.... I have an 11 year old child, sure she can be hard work, but absolutely NO reason to forcibly remove the kid from a car... Lesson learnt?