NSW Proposal of new orders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Peter_P93

7 March 2018
Hi All, and thanks to the members who provided me with some great advice regarding parental responsibility.

So here is the next set of questions, with some background too.

OP and I engaged in mediation a few weeks ago (again!!!) and she used it as a forum to berate and belittle me, it ended with the mediator separating the calls, warning the OP, linking the calls and then, After Another 5 minutes of the OP berating and swearing at me, the mediator shut down the mediation.

Today I received a letter from the OP’s solicitor with a draft court application signing over full parental responsibility, Only allowing me visits when I’m in her city, no visits to my house (I live 5 hours north) .
I’ve not spoken to our child since Jan, but have SMS’s stating if I 1) pay her more money and 2) sign over full responsibility I can talk to our child again.

The question here is; do I reply to the solicitor answering the inaccuracies in her application, and reply with my requests, or do I just say I do not consent, and let the courts handle it.

OP has already failed to appear to a contravention hearing, completely ignored the orders, failed to Provide medical and schooling information, told me mediation is “airy fairy bulls**t” yet she is trying mediate now through her solicitor.

thanks again!

sammy01

27 September 2015
write a very very very long response. Solicitors charge about $30 for each 100 words they have to read. So write lots of words. Lots and lots of words. Post the letter here with details redacted before sending it to the ex. Lots of words, long response. lonnnnnggggg.

Reactions: Peter_P93

Peter_P93

7 March 2018
write a very very very long response. Solicitors charge about $30 for each 100 words they have to read. So write lots of words. Lots and lots of words. Post the letter here with details redacted before sending it to the ex. Lots of words, long response. lonnnnnggggg.
I like it, I’ve been trying to take the moral high ground, but 3 years ago when I got final
Orders, this, after spending 2 years and 70k fighting for what I asked for on day 1 of mediation makes the moral high ground seem a little... slow

Atticus

6 February 2019
OP has already failed to appear to a contravention hearing, completely ignored the orders, failed to Provide medical and schooling information, told me mediation is “airy fairy bulls**t” yet she is trying mediate now through her solicitor.
So you already have final orders?
You have filed a contravention?

What are you attempting to mediate?.. New consent orders to set aside existing one?

What she's asking for is ridiculous, she sounds like a twit....If you are going to send a looong letter to her solicitor, make sure there are a lot of words that say nothing, & lead nowhere (think politicians).... End it with a polite rejection of her generous attempt at extortion

Peter_P93

7 March 2018
Final orders were granted in mid 2017, the application for contravention was
In 2018, to which she failed to appear.
After the failure to appear she freaked
Out and we had a conversation (that I stupidly
Believed) about moving forward.
We came to an agreement (that lasted 15 minutes) and it went back to normal, her using our child as a bargaining chip.

I applied to mediation late last year with the intention to seek new orders, which she has played out the process of.
yes, seeking to set aside the current orders and be issued with new (more suitable) orders.

So you already have final orders?
You have filed a contravention?

What are you attempting to mediate?.. New consent orders to set aside existing one?

What she's asking for is ridiculous, she sounds like a twit....If you are going to send a looong letter to her solicitor, make sure there are a lot of words that say nothing, & lead nowhere (think politicians).... End it with a polite rejection of her generous attempt at extortion

Atticus

6 February 2019
the application for contravention was
In 2018, to which she failed to appear.
So what is the current state of play with the contravention app?

clearly she has no interest in being reasonable. Personally I would just follow through with the contravention hearing. you can always agree to amend or set aside current for new by consent during proceedings, or a judge can amend if they deem necessary

point is, during a contravention hearing you have a great deal more chance of her being reasonable then you do mediating outside court

Peter_P93

7 March 2018
I took her word (stupidly) and withdrew the application for contravention (18 months ago).