NSW Property seized when police raided my home.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Haysbabe69

19 November 2019
During August of last year (2018) police executed a search warrant at my home in regards to a break and enter. During the raid they seized quite a large number of items, and many of them items legally belonged to my partner and I. The case was dealt with quite some time ago and I have previously contacted the officer in charge of the case on a number of occasions requesting for my property, only to be told that they will get back to me but they never did. So I think my next step would be is to write a formal letter requesting for my property to be returned, but I just need some advice on what I should include in the letter, who I should address it to, and any other advice that may be helpful in regards to this!!

Lovely

20 November 2019
During August of last year (2018) police executed a search warrant at my home in regards to a break and enter. During the raid they seized quite a large number of items, and many of them items legally belonged to my partner and I. The case was dealt with quite some time ago and I have previously contacted the officer in charge of the case on a number of occasions requesting for my property, only to be told that they will get back to me but they never did. So I think my next step would be is to write a formal letter requesting for my property to be returned, but I just need some advice on what I should include in the letter, who I should address it to, and any other advice that may be helpful in regards to this!!
You know what, the cops can do what they want. I hope you do see your property again but it doesn’t look likely.