NSW Procedures for Consent Orders and Property Settlement?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

gerlinde

17 April 2018
Thanks in advance for input!

We got out consent orders back because my ex forgot to take the pages 'consent order for children' out of the stack, because we wanted to only search a consent order for property. He meanwhile has spoken to a lawyer and this lawyer said that the consent order for children should be included - is this right or wrong?

Then we did not include minutes, are there any samples on the web or do we need a lawyer to draft them up?

We put in 20K for furnishing and that lawyer thought this was not realistic (too low - it's IKEA and such). And we wrote in this consent orders something about the superannuation - this is obviously wrong. Do we have to fill in another order about the superannuation? And once it is approved how does it go with the change of the title and the payments?

Mr Robot

28 May 2018
Hi Gerlinde,

I hope you are ok during this difficult time. It sounds like you and your ex have only submitted the Form 11. You also need to submit the minute of consent, which are the actual orders that you are proposing.

This website link below has an example of the minute of consent:
Fixed Fee Form 11 Help | Free Family Law Templates

If you are seeking a superannuation split you will need to write to the Trustee of the superfund (because they need to confirm that they are able to split the super). You can do this yourself and there is a template on how to write to the Trustee on the FLD - Family Law Documents website:
Letter to the Trustee for Superannuation Split

I've also received similar advice about furniture (valuations are for market value).

I hope this helps!