Private parking fine

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cammo99

10 July 2017
Hi,
I today, 10/07/17 received a letter of demand, dated 5/07/17, from ARMA Financial Services seeking payment of a Parking Fee Tax ($55.00) and additional administration fee (43), for a breach incurred on the 17/06/17 at Sunshine Palza. They claim the contractual terms and conditions of entry are clearly displayed throughout the site. In my opinion it is neither clear or adequate. The letter also states payment is required within 7 days. I do not recall seeing this infringement notice and believe the immediate impost of an administrative fee excessive and given that either wind or perhaps passers-by removed the initial notice, do I have any recourse to only pay the initial parking fee and not pay the administrative fee that I believe to be excessive if not getting close to usurious?

Yours sincerely
Cammo99

Glenn Pereira

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
1 July 2017
Hi,
I today, 10/07/17 received a letter of demand, dated 5/07/17, from ARMA Financial Services seeking payment of a Parking Fee Tax ($55.00) and additional administration fee (43), for a breach incurred on the 17/06/17 at Sunshine Palza. They claim the contractual terms and conditions of entry are clearly displayed throughout the site. In my opinion it is neither clear or adequate. The letter also states payment is required within 7 days. I do not recall seeing this infringement notice and believe the immediate impost of an administrative fee excessive and given that either wind or perhaps passers-by removed the initial notice, do I have any recourse to only pay the initial parking fee and not pay the administrative fee that I believe to be excessive if not getting close to usurious?

Yours sincerely
Cammo99

check these websites

Rules for private car park businesses | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government

Private car parking fines

Perth student pens hilarious note about why he refuses to pay a $65 parking fine

http://www.lsbc.vic.gov.au/documents/Fact_sheet-Letters_of_demand-Traps_for_lawyers-2015.pdf