SA Principles relevant to application for stay of orders (pending appeal of property trial judgement)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Parent

1 February 2018
I am appealing a judgement on property issues. Does anyone have information on the principles relevant to whether a stay of orders will be granted?

I am required to pay a large sum of money to my ex-partner, to do so will probably require selling a house that I want to keep and would most likely be able to keep if the appeal were successful.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Not sure I understand.. But Just based on the first sentence... In order to appeal, you'd need to show that the original decision failed to correctly consider all the info.

Suggestsion - ask your solicitor about the chances of success... If you don't get a rip snorter of an answer that confirms he reckons you've been hard done by, then I reckon you forget it.

Parent

1 February 2018
I got that answer and am appealing. But that doesn't stop the requiremetn for the existing orders to be carried out in the meantime. So I need to request a stay of orders