Preventing a person attending an event?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Boytii

14 February 2018
Hi there,
I am organising a church orientated event. It iwill be attended by many members within our church, their friends and priests as well.
There is one person who wishes to attend. He used to be an active church member and participant until he decided to become a woman.
Since he has been going through the transition of becoming a woman, he has became very hostile to those who knew him including his own parents and friends. He has publicity named and shamed certain people unnessarily and will seek attention especially where it is not welcomed. He is very disrespectful and is not acting within the normal behaviour acceptable within the church community. I do not want him to attend this event as there will be many people attending who do not wish to see or deal with him. This event is very special and this person will only create ugly scenes if he attends. I don’t want this to happen. How can I keep him away from
attending? Can I get a Restraining Order on him for this event only? Any advice appreciated please.

Clancy

6 April 2016
He will be looking to throw his LGBT political correctness weight around, so he will go wherever he thinks there is resistance. On the other side, If you went to a gay bar and started shoving your beliefs in peoples faces and refused to leave when asked, you can expect to get arrested by police.

Is the event open to the public or by invitation only?

Boytii

14 February 2018
I would not want to enter a gay bar or force my beliefs on them. It’s their choice and I just stay away. But to be hostile, disrespectful and spread lies within the church community that has had its tradition for over 2000 years and won’t change. He knows this too well too having grown up in it. He chose to leave the church despite being allowed to still attend. But seeking attention at a religious event knowing that people don’t want him there? (He didn’t attend a previous church event held a few months ago).
Atm it’s a public event within the church community and on Facebook.

Boytii

14 February 2018
I apologise if I have offended anyone or if it’s not appropriate to ask here. I just want to know my options. Or do I just let him attend the event and hope for the best. Thank you all for your help.

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
You can't obtain a 'pre-preemptive' type order prohibiting him from attending.

If they decide to turn up, you can ask them to leave. Depending on where the event is located eg, some one house etc if they show up you can ask them to leave and if they refuse you could contact the police so that he's removed.

Reactions: Rod