NSW Prescribed Documents

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

CJ Samaha

4 July 2019
Hello, could someone please confirm whether the prescribed documents to a NSW Contract for Sale Land (e.g., title search) need to be obtained within a certain time period (i.e, if the title search is printed more than 12 months, is that acceptable)? Can't seem to find any commentary or reference in the Regs about dates.
thanks
CJ

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
What's the background to your question?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
I don’t practise in NSW property law (Queensland is quite different), but I can’t see a requirement as to how old the title search can be. As long as it shows the current registered details of the property it would seem to satisfy the legal requirements.

CJ Samaha

4 July 2019
What's the background to your question?
thank you for your response (@#3 and #4). Basically, I have received a draft contract for sale and the title search, DP and other attached docs are more than 12 months old, I was trying to see whether there was a requirement that all prescribed docs attached to a contract needed to be current i;e, less than a year old or some other time frame (and I couldn't see any prescribed timeframe in the regs).

Rochelle G

16 July 2019
There is no time requirement although usual practice is to update 12-18 months. But not required. It’s usually done to protect vendor against any changes to zoning. You can request they provide but they do not have to provide. Best to do your due diligence

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
A good solicitor will always do a current search anyway.