NSW Preparing for Child Dispute Conference

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Chris NG

2 April 2020
Hey everyone
I have preparing some documents, pics and videos as evidences to go to the Child Dispute Conference 1 July, but just received the email to change the Child Dispute Conference to telephone only. mean visual evidences are not really helping any more. I have read the Child Dispute Conference Factor sheet, it mentions The family consultant will focus on few areas, here are my short statement
  1. risk factors
    • The only risk/Concern I have is the Ex requests the court to remove child' name from airport watchlist (in place for 2 years court order). She is PR but my daughter process dual citizenship, I am worry if the watchlist is removed, she will keep daughter back to her Country never return again.
  2. The ability of parents to work together, and any possibilities for negotiation
    • I have been paying child support but unable to see my daughter. I am willing to make arrangement regarding care % (50/50 or 60/40), 2-3 days a week, spend nights as well. but due to unfamiliar with father, for 1-3 months, I will only visit her 2-3 days a week, for during 2 hours at agreed time and location. after 3 months, Daughter spends the nights as agreement.
  3. how the child/ren may be experiencing the family situation, (no very sure this part?!)
  4. and the child/ren’s developmental needs
    • I believe it is in best interest of child to have meaningful relationship with father for her development needs, father plays important roles in child early development stage.

are there anything else I should add or focus on ? I will focus on the child and my willingness to make arrangement with her regarding child support (already Paid), care % , shared responsibilities. i don't think i should focus on the false statements and lies in her affidavit.

any suggestions or advises will be appreciated.
Regards

sammy01

27 September 2015
I think you've got stuff covered. The problem " how the child/ren may be experiencing the family situation, (no very sure this part?!) "

Yup you don't know because you have not had access. But you ought to offer to do courses, and agree for you, mum and kids to do counselling if it is deemed appropriate.

Accusations? Yup ignore - If asked admit they are hurtful and untrue but you're prepared to put that behind you for the purposes of focusing on the kids.

How old is the child?

Chris NG

2 April 2020
I think you've got stuff covered. The problem " how the child/ren may be experiencing the family situation, (no very sure this part?!) "

Yup you don't know because you have not had access. But you ought to offer to do courses, and agree for you, mum and kids to do counselling if it is deemed appropriate.

Accusations? Yup ignore - If asked admit they are hurtful and untrue but you're prepared to put that behind you for the purposes of focusing on the kids.

How old is the child?
Thanks Sammy, my daughter is five and half now, and Yes I am happy to do courses or counseling if she agree or order court one.
what are the parenting orders or arrangement I can offer? I have done searches, people mention spend weekend every two weeks, half of holiday et..
I found people put down some options before going to child conference !! thanks.

sammy01

27 September 2015
what sort of time do you want with the child? if you want week about then ask for it. The legislation states a magistrate must consider 50/50 if it is practical. So that means stuff like distance between the two homes. Look 50/50 is hard to get in court, but aim high...

Chris NG

2 April 2020
what sort of time do you want with the child? if you want week about then ask for it. The legislation states a magistrate must consider 50/50 if it is practical. So that means stuff like distance between the two homes. Look 50/50 is hard to get in court, but aim high...
I am thinking 50/50 as well , 40/60 if acceptable. it is just so hard to propose anythings without her school time.