Potential Pyramid Scheme Contract.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rickys

18 March 2019
I have an unusual scenario. A relatives spouse has got involved in a self help scheme that appears to me to be a Pyramid/Ponzi scheme. She has signed a contract to receive training to be a 'life coach' type of thing, she signed this without here spouses knowledge. It appears the training is of little benefit other than to then sign others up for the same training and charge them for it. The contract is to receive training in exchange for a sum of money in the vicinity of $500,000USD. A crazy sum. She signed up without her spouses knowledge, she has paid out around $100,000 already from their business accounts before her spouse found out and stopped the payments. The training provider is now threatening to set debt collectors on them.

My question is what rights does he have to terminate this contract and if they cant cancel it what obligation does he have to any debt? Also how legal is this model of selling noted above.