NSW Post regarding dismiss Avo

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Keesha ab

1 November 2019
Hi everyone
It’s the case of AVO dv including child assault evidence provided (video,photographs) police charged my husband! I applied for conditions variations of avo
So my question is
1–what if I don’t attend the court where I filed the application for variations avo?
2–what if do not go to court on hearing date for final AVO !
Please remember evidence is already provided what are the chances of dropping AVO !
How to dismiss it
Please give me positive advice regarding this
Thanks heaps

Jake Matherson

15 June 2018
Did you put the AVO on your husband or the police?

Either way if you chose to withdraw your claim i suspect the police will choose to follow through with the matter on the basis that there are child assault claims with evidence among other stuff.

1–what if I don’t attend the court where I filed the application for variations avo? Court will still proceed.
2–what if do not go to court on hearing date for final AVO ! Court will still proceed.
Please remember evidence is already provided what are the chances of dropping AVO ! 0%
How to dismiss it. If you really wanted it dismissed you're best bet would be a formal letter written to the Police Prosecution team requesting a withdrawal. Based on the small info you have provided i doubt this would be successful.

Reactions: Keesha ab

Keesha ab

1 November 2019
Did you put the AVO on your husband or the police?

Either way if you chose to withdraw your claim i suspect the police will choose to follow through with the matter on the basis that there are child assault claims with evidence among other stuff.

1–what if I don’t attend the court where I filed the application for variations avo? Court will still proceed.
2–what if do not go to court on hearing date for final AVO ! Court will still proceed.
Please remember evidence is already provided what are the chances of dropping AVO ! 0%
How to dismiss it. If you really wanted it dismissed you're best bet would be a formal letter written to the Police Prosecution team requesting a withdrawal. Based on the small info you have provided i doubt this would be successful.
Thanks jake for responding
It was police initiated AVO
Do you have any knowledge regarding how I can convince magistrate that I feel safe now n request to remove certain conditions that stops him to contact us !?

Keesha ab

1 November 2019
Did you yourself supply police with any false or misleading evidence or statements that resulted in this charge?
If so, tell police & make a statement. Even then the cops would need to be satisfied with your statement to withdraw.
I gave true verbal statement

Jake Matherson

15 June 2018
Do you have any knowledge regarding how I can convince magistrate that I feel safe now n request to remove certain conditions that stops him to contact us !?

Attend court.
cooperate with you're husband and/or his lawyer at court.
Ensure the police prosecution team know and understand your position of wanting a variation to be made by writing a letter to the police and including your husband/his lawyer.

If you do not attend and show your support the court won't change anything as they want to keep you and the children safe and the easiest way to do that is not make any changes.

Reactions: Keesha ab

Keesha ab

1 November 2019
Attend court.
cooperate with you're husband and/or his lawyer at court.
Ensure the police prosecution team know and understand your position of wanting a variation to be made by writing a letter to the police and including your husband/his lawyer.

If you do not attend and show your support the court won't change anything as they want to keep you and the children safe and the easiest way to do that is not make any changes.
Thanks jake
I submitted hand written application to the court with explained condition why I want changes !
Hope for the best !

Reactions: PosComs