Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Possible to Claim the Wages That I Deserve?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by Brisguy54, 14 September 2016.

1. Brisguy54

Brisguy54 Member

I joined a hydraulic company in September 2013 as a warehouse operative earning 21/hour.

In January 2015, our customer service lady went on maternity leave.I approached the manager and op supervisor and I said I will fill in the role of customer service while the lady was away.They gave me a verbal agreement that they would increase my pay to that of a customer service officer. I did the role for 3 months but never received the raise.

When the lady came back, I went back out to the warehouse where I was told that the other warehouse operator received a pay rise up to 24.90/hour. I asked the senior management for a raise to the same level - they said no,that they couldn't afford it.

Throughout the year, I had to keep on filling in the customer service role and I got the occasionally raise in wages but it was never close to what I thought I deserved. I asked senior management in head office about the raise but I never received a response.

I left the company on July 4 2016. Is there any recourse I can take to claim what I think I deserve despite leaving the company?

2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Possibly. If the other role has award wages that are higher than $21/hr then you have a claim. I don't know what award customer service comes under. The Fair Work Ombudsman can tell you what award it is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Brisguy54

Brisguy54 Member

Thanks Rod. I will check with Fairwork