QLD possesion of ralevent thing by fingerprints in 12 month period

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
18 July 2017
hello and welcome to my nightmare. I was convicted of some drug matters almost 2 years ago and although I have not been involved in the drug world the qps sure love to harass me. the most recent episode occluded on sat night. but lets start at the beginning. about two weeks ago my landlord who lives in PERTH rang me alarmed that the drug squad had contacted him looking for me. my address is current with QLD transport and I have been stopped and searched in my vehicle no less than ten times since moving into this house in dec 2016
alarmed I rang police link and reaffirmed my phone number email resendital address place of work and asked if that officer could return my call. around a week later my landlord again contacted me this time he had the officers details. I rang the number the phone was answered drug squad I explained that this officer was looking for me I had already confirmed my details and asked for an explanation as to why he had rang my landlord instead of ringing emailing or visiting my house. no answer was offered, for the record this contact with police has damaged my reputation with my land lord and could well disadvantage me come lease renewal time.

so a week later he phones me at work telling me he had an unresolved matter he would Like to discuse. and invited me to a police station. I declined and told him I be happy for him to come to my place as I known have done nothing wrong he and his partner arrived on time sat night and told me that they could not discuss it there and I would have to accompany them to station. I asked if they would bring me home when finished and they suggested I drive to station which I did

they asked me a series of questions about a guy I once worked with. I told them the truth about everything they asked. including how this guy had taken a piece of glass and some hose we found in a drop sheet . when I thought the interview was over the cop announced I was going to be charged with possession of chemicals found at this guys place and possession of a condenser claiming my fingerprints were in it. I am a painter and so is the guy who had this stuff. the "condenser" they showed me a photo of is unlike any I have ever seen and I sure haven't seen it before.
on the charge sheet it states that between augaug 2015 and Aug 216 I was in possession of these things
is that right? I have never resided at this address I have socially visited a work mare there maybe 6 times ever
I never saw any drug equipment but may well have touched various things in his shead.
so back to the cop . after he announced I would be charged he said we would have to go to the watch house and I would be bailed in the morning. I pleaded that I had work in the morning and he assured me that's how it had to be. I was very very up set and was led into a small room when his partner came in and said I could be processed at the station I was in photos prints bailed etc .
after all that I was placed back into the room when the cop cane in telling me how I cou,d make this easier buy giving up info but very specific info on big fish as if I would know anyone this cop then went on to lie to me claiming he had phone intercepts which I know I never made . he knew I was on a suspended sentance and any charge will see me doing 18 months he knows I have not reoffended that I have broken free of the drug world hold down a full time job and support my son who lives with me . and still he chose to lay these outrages charges forcing me to take time if work to appear as well as activating an anxiety level which if I not careful could result in a relapse of my drug use I have been 100% clean for 322 days
can someone please advise me on how to defend myself agents this crazy charge

sammy01

27 September 2015
mate I am very sorry for you... How to defend? get a a solicitor. If asked to go to the cop shop say no