NSW Police of nsw defamation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Taliano030

7 December 2018
Hi I just whent to local pub where a fire start in a toilet. I use that toilet that day among others police talk to me isolated me out mouths latter I didn't answer that whenw back told than I doing it. And told than I should be band from. Coming here.

Taliano030

7 December 2018
Hi I just whent to a local pub where a fire started in the toilet. I used that toilet that day a few mouths latter police talk to me thay isolated me out among others who hade used that day. I did not answer tham thay went back to the pub blamed me for it and than said I should be band for going there. With legal ground do that have to do this?

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Absolutely. This has very little to do with the Police.

Any venue has every right to ban you if they have cause. So the question is not whether or not the Police think you should be banned, but whether or not the management of the venue thinks you should be banned.

Even if you claim that you were not involved with the fire, if the venue management believes that you were involved, then they have a right to ban you and it's unlikely that you will get the ban overturned.

In short, a public venue in this case is "private premises" and the owner and/or management has every right to decide for themselves who they do and/or do not allow on those premises.

Taliano030

7 December 2018
It dosent bother me being band. But do the police have the right to say anything. Or are just marking trouble. As for the band I recoreded the convoy where thay threatened to punch everyone in the head.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
It's one thing for the venue to ban you, but you are now bringing up an entirely different issue.

Typos aside, I think you are now saying that you have a recording of Police Officers threatening to punch people in the head. If that is correct and you wish to file a complaint then the following web page explains the process.

How to lodge a complaint - NSW Police Public Site