Please help how to avoid criminal record

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

waffle14

21 October 2018
Hi all, I desperately want to avoid a criminal record. I'm planning to plead guilty for shop lift . I have had diversion before though... I have urges to steal and am seeing psychologist for my problem and have not stolen since last offence. Please any advice I can do , such as writing to the police to get charges dropped? Or request for another diversion? Is any of that possible. please advice on anything i can do before my court date for a mentioning.

waffle14

21 October 2018
You should be able to avoid a conviction with the right supporting material. A good lawyer is advisable if you can afford one.

What are the fees usually for something like that? How do you think I can avoid a conviction, generally speaking?? Any general advice is appreciated, thank you.
Also without conviction but will the charge still be on the criminal record ?

Tony Danos

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
29 November 2016
Victoria
lawtap.com
Hi all, I desperately want to avoid a criminal record. I'm planning to plead guilty for shop lift . I have had diversion before though... I have urges to steal and am seeing psychologist for my problem and have not stolen since last offence. Please any advice I can do , such as writing to the police to get charges dropped? Or request for another diversion? Is any of that possible. please advice on anything i can do before my court date for a mentioning.
I would need to speak to you first. Please call 0409863423 to discuss but conviction definitely avoidable.

waffle14

21 October 2018
You should be able to avoid a conviction with the right supporting material. A good lawyer is advisable if you can afford one.
Hi I just wanted to know if pending charges with court mentioning coming up at later date do they come up on criminals record checks right now?