Please help how to avoid criminal record

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by waffle14, 22 January 2019.

1. waffle14

waffle14 Active Member

Hi all, I desperately want to avoid a criminal record. I'm planning to plead guilty for shop lift . I have had diversion before though... I have urges to steal and am seeing psychologist for my problem and have not stolen since last offence. Please any advice I can do , such as writing to the police to get charges dropped? Or request for another diversion? Is any of that possible. please advice on anything i can do before my court date for a mentioning.

2. Tony Danos

Tony Danos Lawyer
    LawTap Verified

You should be able to avoid a conviction with the right supporting material. A good lawyer is advisable if you can afford one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. waffle14

waffle14 Active Member

What are the fees usually for something like that? How do you think I can avoid a conviction, generally speaking?? Any general advice is appreciated, thank you.
    Also without conviction but will the charge still be on the criminal record ?

4. Tony Danos

Tony Danos Lawyer
    LawTap Verified

I would need to speak to you first. Please call 0409863423 to discuss but conviction definitely avoidable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. waffle14

waffle14 Active Member

Hi I just wanted to know if pending charges with court mentioning coming up at later date do they come up on criminals record checks right now?