QLD Plan prefix info and state land

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
6 January 2018
I have been looking at a block of land for years now and I have recently decided to acquire it through adverse possession if I can. What plan prefix belong to the state. What is an fty property and what's the difference between rp and sp

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Here's a list of Queensland plan descriptions: QLD Lands Valid Plan Descriptions

I've never heard "fty".

In terms of crown land, you're looking for "CP" (Crown Plan) or possibly "WD" (Working Drawing) for older parcels - sometimes it will be both.

RP (Registered Plan) is an older description, when the common types were CP, RP, BUP (Building Units Plan) and GTP (Group Titles Plan), or one of the derivations of that - such as GRP (Group Titles Plan of Resubdivision). BUP and GTP were used for strata developments - typically BUP for highrise type units, and GTP for townhouse type developments.

When the current automated titling system came in, the move was made to SP (Survey Plan) for pretty much everything.

So, when you see RP you can be pretty confident its a flatland-type property. With an SP it could be anything.

6 January 2018
Here's a list of Queensland plan descriptions: QLD Lands Valid Plan Descriptions

I've never heard "fty".

In terms of crown land, you're looking for "CP" (Crown Plan) or possibly "WD" (Working Drawing) for older parcels - sometimes it will be both.

RP (Registered Plan) is an older description, when the common types were CP, RP, BUP (Building Units Plan) and GTP (Group Titles Plan), or one of the derivations of that - such as GRP (Group Titles Plan of Resubdivision). BUP and GTP were used for strata developments - typically BUP for highrise type units, and GTP for townhouse type developments.

When the current automated titling system came in, the move was made to SP (Survey Plan) for pretty much everything.

So, when you see RP you can be pretty confident its a flatland-type property. With an SP it could be anything.

6 January 2018
Thanks heaps very helpful information the only other question I've come up with is what about CA and CSH is it safe to assume these are crown share hold and crown acquisition in which case I could get in trouble for being on that land

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
As the linked site states, anything which isn't listed as a plan type is likely to be crown land.