VIC Personal Safety Intervention Order against former employer

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SnpCrkPop

29 January 2020
Hi all,

Bit of a weird one but I could use some advice.

I had a really horrible time at my last job with sexual + physical assault + manipulation + psychological abuse.

I tried to resign a number of times but was refused. Once I finally was able to resign, I got a job with my former employer's client's key stakeholders (hope that makes sense).

One of the guys involved in the manipulation + psychological abuse (not the sexual or physical assault) has followed me a few times, loitered outside my office and tried to run me over on a bike.

He states that all these things were coincidences and that the manipulation + psychological abuse (e.g. was yelling at me, insulting me etc) never happened.

I have a formal diagnosis of PTSD and have fainted twice following threats from him (which he says didn't happen) but I don't have any medical record of this.

Police have applied for a PSIO on my behalf but it looks like it will be contested all the way (by a very 'win at all costs' lawyer). I don't have a lot of evidence except for a few text messages indicating that he did try and run me over and statements from my new employers about how scared I have been.

I'm in my 20s and he's in his 40s.

Could anyone advise of what my chances are?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Good. But you need to be convincing in the witness box.

SnpCrkPop

29 January 2020
Good. But you need to be convincing in the witness box.
Thanks Rod. His lawyer is telling the Police that the contest will take 1-1.5 days. This seems huge. Is this normal and would a Magistrate allow it to go on for that long (or be scheduled for that long at Directions?).

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
It is possible, depends on number of witnesses.