Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

Personal Injury - Do I Serve Notice of Claim?

Discussion in 'Personal Injury Law Forum' started by Law_makes_sense, 22 December 2015.

1. Law_makes_sense

Law_makes_sense Active Member

Hi all,

Personal injury arising out of alleged assault and injuries on both sides. I received a Notice of Claim Form 1 from the other party.

For the injuries I sustained, do I serve the other party my Notice of Claim Form 1 or do I process a counter claim? If so, do I need complete a different set of paperwork?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. JS79

JS79 Well-Known Member

Are they claiming criminal injuries compensation or something else?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Law_makes_sense

Law_makes_sense Active Member

Since no one was charged, can they still sue for criminal injury compensation?

They are still seeking compliance for Form 1, few requirements need to be met before I accept it to be compliant. After that I would receive Form 2 (more detailed version).

4. JS79

JS79 Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...