QLD Permanent Impairment assessment- occupational therapist?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sandy000

31 January 2018
Hi,
After two not so successful operations I have finally had my work accident case closed and have already had an assessment of permanent impairment.
My question is, The work insurance company that is dealing with my case has said that because my impairment percentage is over 15% that they are required to have me meet with an Occupational Therapist in my home. Is this a normal procedure? Also am I within my rights to ask for a copy of Permanente assessment?

Thanks for all replies,
Sandy

larrylarry

2 March 2018
Hi,
After two not so successful operations I have finally had my work accident case closed and have already had an assessment of permanent impairment.
My question is, The work insurance company that is dealing with my case has said that because my impairment percentage is over 15% that they are required to have me meet with an Occupational Therapist in my home. Is this a normal procedure? Also am I within my rights to ask for a copy of Permanente assessment?

Thanks for all replies,
Sandy
Generally, an insurer has the right to arrange for further assessment of your injuries even after a permanent impairment rating has been determined. They could try to re-assess the permanent impairment rating. Generally, you are entitled to a copy of the medico-legal report obtained by the insurer. Which state are you in?