NSW Payslips and accrued wages

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

EmmaG

4 March 2018
My employer has ran into some financial trouble and asked me to accrue my wages for the next 6 weeks, whilst they are trying to raise some money ( its a startup).

Are they still supposed to issued payslips? As I do not have any way to prove what i am owed. How should these transactions be legally documented as evidence. They normally issue payslips in xero but they have removed the ones for the past month which seems a bit weird.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
They are still supposed to issue payslips.

If you are uncomfortable about not receiving payslips, but are not wanting payslips straight away, keep your own record of times and send it to them at the end of each week.

EmmaG

4 March 2018
Thank you so much Rod.

And it also feels odd that they removed a payslip that was already issued. Is that not legit?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
It is not legit, but may be a function/feature they cannot easily control in Zero. They may need the payslip to be produced at the same time as the payment is sent to the bank. I'm just throwing this up as a possibility as I have no knowledge of how Zero works. It may be they also have limited knowledge. :)