VIC Paternity court orderd test

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sammy12

7 August 2018
I have been ordered by court to do a paternity test for a child, the case went on for 3,years and I intimidated the mum and told her lawyers I never had sex with her ,in court I came clean and said I did have sex with her, my question is after the test and on my next court case can I get in trouble for knowingly lying about the sex and what happens in the next trial if I am the dad and can the mum sue me for lying about her

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
She has a very good chance of getting costs awarded against you. If I was acting for the mum I'd be making a costs application asap.

The court can, but doesn't normally in family law cases, make a finding of contempt of court against you. Much depends on the attitude of the judge hearing your case. If you display a bad attitude to court, the risk of a contempt of court finding likely increases with your the size of your attitude.

Not sure if CSA can back-date support in this situation, but at least be prepared for the attempt.