QLD Past records

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kerri76

16 February 2021
The ex says if I get a dvo on him while we’re trying to work out parenting plans or before it goes to court(if it does) that the judge won’t believe me and x says he’ll say it’s only because of custody that I’m applying and that it’s all false. Does the judge get to see our criminal records etc?
I have an assault charge on there against a security officer and he says (his lawyer does) that will go against me. No conviction recorded.

sammy01

27 September 2015
never take advice from the ex. Criminal history? not relevant. Just because you've been convicted for assault does not mean you might need an avo.
But - you have not mentioned violence in your relationship. If you're no longer together then an avo is harder to get. But has he been violient towards you?

Kerri76

16 February 2021
He has been violent in the past towards me with choking and pushing mainly.
Constant verbal abuse/emotional abuse in person and via phone.
Have been separated for 6yrs but still living together (our girl is 13).
Until this recent property-I have not been able to get him to leave as the lease was in both our names and he kept holding that over me.
He has moved out several times only ever for a week or two and something always happens that he ends up homeless and broke and I stupidly take him back ‘until he finds accommodation’.
He knows I don’t want him on the street and usurps that to make me feel guilty and allow him back. Every time he ‘moves out’ he will call, text several times a day-usually falsely accusing me of something and abusing me or threatening if I don’t allow visits with daughter (when he wants and at a days notice) and daily phone calls that he will go for custody (anywhere between 50/100%, depends on his mood.
Says he been speaking to lawyer and I won’t get custody because of that assault charge, and one marijuana charge-which are the only things I’ve ever been charged for. Both guilty but no con’ recorded.
Also said that because I didn’t get an order whilst he was living here that I won’t get one now and the judge will think it’s only a vindictive order due to custody issues.
I did put app’ in within last yr or so but ended up withdrawing it the morning of the hearing.
The issue is that he’s sending these messages constantly and a few yrs ago he took out an order against my son (now 21)
Told the police he was too scared to be around him yet the ex is always pushing him to fight him and this day my son did hit him-so he called the police.
My son, scared, took off before they got there, and a 5yr order was put against him. Ex moved out that day cried to Centrelink‘domestic violence so he could get an extra payment and the nxt day returned as he no where else to go.
So my son had to button his lip while this sod stayed in our home. Some of the texts refer to my son and that incident between them and how he should’ve done said things and sent him to the ICU.
I’m always too scared of what will happen putting an order in too.
He is also nearly blind, partially deaf, on DSP, he can’t drive to pick my girl up, where he lives he’s not allowed to have her or anyone stay there-it is a boarding house. Expects me to pick him up and bring him to my place for visits and drop them off so they can go it together and pick them back up again.
He loves an hr away but willing to meet at station (to be picked up) 25 mins away.
So many times I’ve wanted to call police to get him out but ex is a good manipulator and always talks me out of it or scares me out of it.
Also, he purposely writes out messages with accusations in other and says he will use them as evidence against me.
Oh, wow. I tried to keep it short 🤣

I really do appreciate any replies-thank you.